Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oy vey...

You all may recall my post about a month ago about the "highlighter incident." Since then, Harley had been spending his days in the crate to protect our belongings (and his health since that dog will clearly eat anything). Since we have company coming this weekend who we need to make room for and the house is all clean, we decided to put away the crate and let Harley have another chance. Since he has a tendency to go for office supplies (paper and highlighters), we figured we were good to go.

Well, apparently not. This is what we saw when we walked in the door at lunch today:
In case you can't tell what that pile o' fun is...

Yes. Feathers. Lots and lots and lots of feathers. This was the victim (among yet another pile of feathers in the dining room):


*Sigh* I just don't know what to do with him. On the one hand this was absolutely hilarious. We actually had to RAKE the feathers into a manageable pile and then run the vacuum about a thousand times to pick it all up. And as I sit here typing this, I can still see feathers floating around! Will they ever be all gone?? But on the other hand, he keeps finding things to chew up that we never thought he'd attack. And this pillow was almost $40! (Please don't judge me for spending that much on a stupid pillow.) Who knows what will be next!

Anyway, there was definite comic relief when, while we ate our lunch, we watched Brodie walk away with a single feather stuck to his ass. That. Was. AWESOME! I just wish I had gotten a picture of that. But just to give you an idea of how bad Harley is at tricking us into thinking he had nothing to do with the destruction du jour, look close at this picture and you'll see a big white feather on Harley's nose and feathers sticking out of his mouth. This is exactly how we found him when we got home. Gee, I wonder who the culprit was?

5 comments:

Megs said...

oh. my. gawd. That picture of him is classic, too - he looks sooo guilty! I'm sorry, this is too funny...I do feel sorry for your $40 pillow though :(

Meghan said...

dude, seriously, it was hilarious. its the weirdest feeling when you walk into your house (completely unsuspecting) and see THAT. you sort of stare at it for a few seconds to let it sink in...

yes, poor poor pillow. it was so cute... i hope it didn't feel any pain!

"T-Bone" Lee said...

I so feel your pain. Although you're far braver than I to let him roam around the house unsupervised. Indy has to hang out in the bathroom with his toys when we're gone...his only victim so far has been the toilet paper roll. :) but i'm pretty sure if he had the opportunity the couch would be on his list of victims. :)

i'm sorry!! but look at that face! this post is worth $40!

:)

"T-Bone" Lee said...

I never realized your house had two different kinds of wood flooring. just an observation.

Meghan said...

I know, weird huh? The straight boards are like the "border" around each room I guess... I think they're the original floors in the house.

But seriously, I wouldn't call it brave. I'd call it stupid. But he's got to learn! I don't want the crate up forever! :( Oh well, the entertainment value was totally worth it :)