Tuesday, June 3, 2008

La la la

What to write, what to write...

As I mentioned in my previous post, life has been all sorts of topsy-turvy these days. In addition to the two major occurrences of last week, work is totally crazy, my very last class for school has been super hard and we've got something going on every weekend for the next month. There just doesn't seem to be any time to get things done or god forbid, relax. We've got our family vacation to Florida coming up next week, so I've been trying to prep my pasty, pudgy self by working out a little more (and by "a little more," I mean "at all"), getting some sun and trying to find some affordable, new clothes to get me more excited and get my mind off everything else. While a little retail therapy is usually a cure-all for what ails me, I should always remember that bathing suit shopping has the exact opposite effect. Dear Lord in heaven, it ain't pretty.

Unfortunately, no matter how much I hate it - and we all do - my ass feels like it has grown to epic proportions lately (at least for me), and last year's suit now resembles more of an overstuffed sausage casing than a sexy bathing suit. Icky. After trying on about 30 different styles and sizes, I finally found a cute little number at Old Navy. I'm completely over spending lots of money on swimsuits. I figured that by going the cheaper route it won't matter if it doesn't fit next year! Who cares? Go ahead, eat that box of cookies! Wooo! ahem Not that I'd ever do that.... (uncomfortably looking away...) Back to my point. Cute, huh? Lets hope it looks good on, too...





Pink Paisley String Bikini, Old Navy

For the record, I just want to say that as I stood in those horrific dressing rooms with terrible lighting, I realized how much I hate all those lucky ladies with long legs, tiny waists and long torsos who look so good in a bikini. You all suck. There. I said it. I (of the stubby-legged, hipless, short torso'd variety) am really trying to be "comfortable" in my own skin, but I'll tell ya, with every new dimple of cellulite it gets that much harder!

Hmmm.... TMI, perhaps?

No comments: