Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fire!

Oh my god, all morning I've been following this story. When I woke up, 100 acres in the Santa Cruz mountains had burned. By the time I left for work, it was over 500 acres. When I got home for lunch and to finish packing? THOUSANDS of acres. We have friends who live over the hill, who will probably be fine, but I can't help but worry especially considering the 40 mph gusts of wind we've been having all day. Scary stuff. Its horrible to see the people losing their homes and also all the animals. People have horses, goats, etc. out there in addition to family pets. I just hope everyone - people and animals - get out safely. "Stuff" you can replace, loved ones you can't.

Please, even if you don't live around here, keep the residents of Santa Cruz and all the firefighters in your thoughts and prayers today. They're saying the fire should be easier to fight tonight when the winds die down... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Photo courtesy of KGO.

No comments: