Sunday, May 18, 2008

Is it over already?

Weekends never last long enough. I'm totally pulling for the 4-day work week. Who's with me?!

We had a fantastic weekend, and yet it completely consisted of manual labor in some intense 97 degree heat. As I mentioned before, two of our best friends, Derek and Michele, just recently bought a house. So Rusty and I offered up our services to help with some of the projects, namely painting and laying their new bamboo floor. Well, I'm happy to say that as I type this, the guys are making the last cuts and laying the last few boards and Michele and I are in relaxation land since we finished the last of the painting earlier this evening. I am sore in the weirdest spots and totally covered in paint. I'm not kidding. I have paint in my hair, on my face, all over my arms and chest, my clothes, and the best? In my CONTACTS. But honestly, it was totally worth it. Michele and I had two full days of one-on-one time for some girl talk which is always a welcome distraction from my home full of boys. I cannot wait for their wedding in July! Oh, the fun we'll have...

Even though we worked from 11am to 11pm yesterday and all day today, this was one of the best weekends we've had in awhile (well, for a weekend that didn't involve traveling to some fun destination). Last night was my 5 year college reunion and I had contemplated going for months, actually I had every intention of going. Then I saw the list of attendees and when I didn't see anyone on the list who I really wanted to "reunite" with, I decided against it. Instead, the money will go into our house fund which will bring us that much closer to the weekends when Derek and Michele will be spending their weekends helping us with our house! ;)

Now its time to kick back, relax, and get some homework done for the end of the week, because next weekend? I'll be in New York!! Wooooo!!!

Just to end on a fun note - I can always find one of these cards to fit a situation in my life. Today I found three!

This just made me laugh...My friends keep getting their emails blocked when they write to me at work...Getting stoked for next week...


Hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well! Now buck up, little camper and get back to work! :P

No comments: