Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another day, another dollar

Or in my case, just another day busting my ass at work and not getting compensated for it. If you're ever presented with the choice, go for hourly versus salary pay. Not being paid overtime for the 7 hours of work I put in on the most beautiful spring day (a Sunday no less!) just sucks.

C'est la vie.

My weekend wasn't as bad as I'm making it sound, really. I just like to complain. ;) I had my fabulous cousins over for a sleepover on Saturday night and got to spend some serious quality time with them which I don't do nearly enough considering they live all of 10 minutes away. It still amazes me that they are 13 years old. When I came back to California for college they were 3 going on 4. And now they're taller than me!! Okay, I know that's not hard, but whatever. Shut it.

And the 7 hours of work I did today? Totally worth it in the end because I impressed the pants off the execs at my company with the event that I put together and hosted. WOO! Go me :) The worst part? Other than missing out on amazing weather that I should have been laying out in? My back is KILLING me. Now, I wear heels to work almost every day. They're pretty, they help my pants fit better (see above: I'm short), they're pretty, they make me look taller, and did I mention they're pretty?

Generally at the end of an 8-9 hour day my back feels fine. I could run a marathon in those babies! But on a regular work day I sit at my desk for most of the time. Today was completely different. A hostess doesn't sit! The only other time I felt like this was my wedding day. And any of you that saw my dress that day and/or have worn a wedding dress yourself, you know how hard it is to sit in one of those suckers.

Moral of the story? Invest in some cute flats and hemming my pants. In the meantime, I fully intend to continue wearing those gorgeous heels.

No comments: