Friday, March 28, 2008

TGIF!

Seriously, I am so happy this week is over and the weekend is finally here. I really need a couple days to sleep in and relax. Okay, maybe the relaxing part won't be happening in spades, but close enough. :)

Yesterday was a pretty nice day so I left the front door open to let the dogs bask in the afternoon sun. As I was petting them, I looked up and saw our grape vines are starting to grow back!


For the past 6 months, the main stem and branches have all looked like the one on the right. Pretty dreary if you ask me. Not to mention, that's the only "separation" we have from the house next door. So we feel especially exposed during the winter. Sidenote: That's one thing I don't like about California - how close together all the houses are. I'm more used to having some serious space in between each house. A girl needs her privacy sometimes! ;)

I'm going to try and take a picture of this every couple weeks or so to see how it grows. Truthfully, I didn't pay much attention last year because our landlord had said not to worry about or touch it and they would deal with it. Well... that didn't happen. It got a little unruly and they ended up having to pull out one of the main plants, so this year I'm going to take care of them whether they like it or not! Wish me luck!


Oh, man... I hope I don't kill this little guy...

No comments: